ARTICLE OF THE WEEK #1 – MALALA GOES TO OXFORD
Directions: Working with your group, answer the following questions. Include the question in the answer, and use complete sentences to write your answers. Everyone must write their own answers on their own piece of paper. If you do not agree with someone in your group, challenge them to show evidence or support for their answer. If you cannot agree, you may write your own answer and not the group’s answer.
What is the author’s purpose in writing this article? What evidence do you have to support your claim?
The article does not say where Oxford University is. However, you can infer its location based on hints within the article. Where is Oxford University? How do you know? Cite evidence from the text to support your inference
- Who is “Yousafzai?” Why is this person important?
- What evidence do you have that this article is current?
- Describe a recurring theme in Malala’s life. Give three specific examples to support your answer. One example must be a direct quote from the article.
- What do can you infer the difference is between Oxford University and Lady Margaret Hall. Explain. Cite textual evidence to support.
- What is the thesis of this piece of writing? Write it out. How do you know this is the thesis?
- Any questions not completed in class are to be finished for homework. Due Friday, 8/25.