DID YOU KNOW:
- 68 percent of Americans have a library card
- Americans check out more than 2 billion items each year from their public libraries; the average user takes out more than seven books a year
- Patrons also go to their libraries to learn new computer skills, conduct job searches and participate in the activities of local community organizations
- Average cost to the taxpayer for these services is $31 a year
- There are more public libraries than McDonald’s in the US – a total of 16,541 including branches
- Americans spend more than twice as much on candy as they do on public libraries. Public libraries are the number one point of online access for people without the Internet
BE SURE TO THANK MS. POWERS FOR BEING OUR SCHOOL LIBRARIAN AND MAKING BOOKS, INFORMATION, AND READING A PRIORITY AT SUSSMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL!