Many of you have been asking about my amazing sausage soup, so here is the recipe. You will need either a crockpot/slow cooker or a large pot.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage or turkey sausage (browned and drained)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 or 4 stalks of celery, diced (you can use more or less based on your tastes)
- 3 or 4 carrots, diced (you can use more or less based on your tastes)
- 1/2 pound of potatoes, cut into chunks – use whatever kind of potatoes you like: red, Yukon gold, Russet, white
- 1 carton low-sodium beef or chicken broth (I like beef – use low sodium b/c the sausage has a lot of salt in it)
- one can of white beans, rinsed and drained (yes, you need to add the beans)
- 2 cups of fresh kale, roughly chopped (yes, you need to add the kale)
- 1/2 C. to 3/4 C. of heavy cream (add to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a crockpot or large pot, add all of the ingredients except the kale, cream, and spices.
- If you are using a crockpot, set it on low, and let it cook for about 3 hours or until the potatoes are tender. If you are using a pot on the stove, simmer until the potatoes are tender. Do not boil.
- The last thirty minutes or so, add the kale and cream. Cook until the kale is wilted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
P.S. If you really hate kale and/or beans, you can omit them from the recipe. This recipe makes quite a bit of soup. You can freeze it in individual portions and eat it another day.