SEVENTH GRADE ENGLISH, ENGLISH 8, AND HONORS ENGLISH 8
Students worked in groups to answer questions for the AoW.
AOW: WOMEN’S HISTORY MUSEUM QUESTIONS
Directions: On a separate sheet of paper, write out your answer using complete sentences. Any questions not answered in class are homework. Due Friday, March 10th.
- What is the author’s purpose for this article? PIE? Explain.
- List five historically significant women and next to their name, write why they are important.
- Who is Peggy McGlone? What does she do? For whom does she work?
- What is the problem the article discusses?
- What is the proposed solution?
- What is the goal of the solution? Cite textual evidence.
- What did it take to fund the National Museum of African American History and Culture? List all the efforts involved including how long it took.
- How long will the plan for the eventual museum take place?
- What museum took the place of a women’s history museum? What do you think about this?
- Define curator as it is used in the article.
- Define auspices as it is used in the article.
- How long did the report to Carolyn Maloney take? Who is Carolyn Maloney?
- What is one “fun fact” you learned from reading this article?